with Bob Hurley,
St. Anthony's High School (NJ) Basketball Coach;
2010 Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee;
25x State Parochial Championships
3x USA Today National Championships (1989, 1996, 2008);
2x National Coach of the Year by USA Today (1989, 1996)
Help your perimeter players develop a full aresenal of skills.
In this on-court basketball DVD presentation, Coach Hurley takes you through his philosophy on effectively developing perimeter players. His drills for perimeter players develop 3-point range, the ability to drive to the rim and finish with both hands, fine tune passing skills and create a solid mid-range shot.
Hurley takes demonstrators through 11 multi-faceted drills, most of which work on multiple skills in the same drill. These drills develop shooting, ball handling, passing, rebounding and defense. The drills include :
- 2-on-0 Full Court Warm-up (6 parts)
- 5-3-1 Shooting (includes shooting, ball handling, and individual defense)
- Curl-Pop-Fade (shooting while reading the defense while coming off a screen)
- 3 Man Shooting (three shot drill off a pick & roll situations)
- Passing Tag
- Half Court 3-on-3 (competitive games)
- Pitino 1-on-1 (conditioning and shooting)
- Drexel 1-on-1 (individual offense and defense)
- Dribbling Routine (7 part routine working on a variety of dribbling moves)
- Steve Nash Shooting Routine (Breaks down the 20-minute workout while adding a couple extra shot moves)
- Thirty and a half (shooting drill to finish the workout)
Coach Hurley's perimeter player drills emphasize teaching the fundamentals slowly and gradually, building them to game speed. Insert these new ideas, concepts, and drills into your program and start getting more from your perimeter.
85 minutes. 2011.