with Fran Fraschilla, International Basketball Analyst for ESPN, former Division I college basketball coach (Manhattan College, St. John's University and University of New Mexico), former NABC District II Coach of the Year and MAAC Coach of the Year
Veteran ESPN basketball analyst and former NCAA head coach Fran Fraschilla leads you through an insightful on-court presentation on how to succeed in pressure situations. Coach Fraschilla breaks down many important, but sometimes forgotten situations that often make the difference between winning a game and losing it. In this dynamic presentation, Coach Fraschilla covers it all, from sideline out-of-bounds plays to game-winning full-court sets.
Coach Fraschilla begins by addressing the characteristics of a successful coach. He discusses how to take a personal inventory of your coaching philosophy, while factoring in your current roster. The specific topics he covers include:
• 5 skills that make a successful coach
• organization, regimentation and attention to detail
• the 3 C's of coaching in pressure situations
• 10 questions you and your staff need to consider weeks before the first practice
Coach Fraschilla takes to the court and shares some of his best plays for covering pressure and special situations. Whether it's a full-court, half-court or under-the-basket play, Coach Fraschilla shares proven strategies for addressing various time and scoring situations. Some of the many concepts he covers include:
• baseline inbound plays
• sideline inbound plays
• deep corner inbound plays
• late game inbound situation with no time out from half-court, 3/4-court and full-court
• going full-court with 2, 3 and 5 seconds left on the clock
• a press offense to beat full-court man-to-man and zone defense
• starting a game aggressively
• starting the 2nd half aggressively
• playing with a lead
• how and when to foul
• hurry-up offense (several options)
• last-second plays
Prepare yourself, your coaching staff and your team for high-pressure, end-of-game situations with the knowledge and information shared in this presentation. This DVD is a must-own for every serious coach in the high school and college ranks.
"I love this Fraschilla title! You guys have turned out some great videos, but this one is one of the best and ultra specific."
167 minutes (2 DVDs). 2014.